Well, I got this wonderful idea from a friend of mine I'm staying with right now. I figured since I tend to have so much inside of me and don't know anyone that will just listen, I might as well spill my guts to whomever cares to read my ramblings.
Let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Shena (pronounced shay-nuh) and I'm 26 years old living in south Florida. I'm originally from Maryland, but anyone from that area knows that most of us consider ourselves to be from D.C. I grew up there for 24 years before I decided to up and leave my life in MD/DC for a new and uncertain life in Miami.
I had a pretty normal childhood. That was until my mother was diagnosed with Leukemia in 1990 and died December 17, 1992. I was 10 years old and her only daughter of 3 children. She was also the only daughter of my maternal grandmother of 5 children. My family was torn apart by this tragedy but still had to live on. To be honest, I don't know how any of us made it without killing ourselves or each other. That story is better left for another blog.
I went to private catholic school throught grade school and to add insult, I went to private all girl high school. Of course, like any normal teen, I thought I was going to die when my father told me I had to go to this school. But, now that I'm older and see the world for what it is, I am actually thankful for my dad's decision. Even though, it was really his intent on doing whatever he could to keep off of the pole, lol. Going to an all-girl school has made me a more confident woman and adult. I was never confident before and believe if I went to a co-ed school, I would not be the daring and strong person I am today. Then again, I probably get it form my mother anyway. Who knows.
As my high school career was ending I met and fell in love with my first love and "fiancee" Moh. I put fiancee in quotes because I was only 17 at the time and he was my first actual boyfriend ever. And, I'm actually laughing hysterically as I write this, lost my virginity to! Its funny because I know alot of girls who said the same old line "I'm saving it for my husband. The only man I'll love and be with forever." Bull shit! Not to say I didn't love Moh, but let's just say I'm not with the guy and we never got married.
Obviously, the story doesn't end there. But, I am tired and must get ready for another work week with my wonderful co-workers (send the sarcasm). I will blog again tomorrow. I think this the start of a beautiful beginning.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment