Fairly recently a new trend came about which are the walking shorts a.k.a. Bermuda shorts. They have been presented suitable for work when worn with an appropriate shirt and shoes. At first I wasn't too impressed with the shorts, but I soon came around. One day I made myself try on a pair and realized I actually liked them. So I took a gamble and bought two pair from express ($10 each). Both tailored and looked presentable for work. Usually I'd wear them either with a button up shirt or a sweater with a light knit shirt underneath. Well, a new "decree" went out a few weeks ago at work about the dress code. Of course mainly for the women because menswear is so simple that there is no way they could be under dressed for work. I realized that one of the items were shorts. I figured what was meat were shorts that were outreageously short and tight. As you can see, the shorts I had were tailored, knee length, and of a decent fit. Will you believe I was told I could NOT wear these to work anymore by HR?! I was shocked to say the least. But when I asked why you couldn't believe the answer I got. I'm pretty cool with the HR lady so she proceeded to tell me that it wasn't because of how unprofessional they looked on me or anything. Its just that there are some people of larger girth (a.k.a. fat) who wear the same thing and it doesn't look very appropriate. Since they were told they couldn't wear them then I can't wear them. Now I was pretty pissed off by this because I shouldn't be punished just because of someone else's inability to decipher what's appropriate for them to wear to work.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
My work wardrobe rejected?!?
Fairly recently a new trend came about which are the walking shorts a.k.a. Bermuda shorts. They have been presented suitable for work when worn with an appropriate shirt and shoes. At first I wasn't too impressed with the shorts, but I soon came around. One day I made myself try on a pair and realized I actually liked them. So I took a gamble and bought two pair from express ($10 each). Both tailored and looked presentable for work. Usually I'd wear them either with a button up shirt or a sweater with a light knit shirt underneath. Well, a new "decree" went out a few weeks ago at work about the dress code. Of course mainly for the women because menswear is so simple that there is no way they could be under dressed for work. I realized that one of the items were shorts. I figured what was meat were shorts that were outreageously short and tight. As you can see, the shorts I had were tailored, knee length, and of a decent fit. Will you believe I was told I could NOT wear these to work anymore by HR?! I was shocked to say the least. But when I asked why you couldn't believe the answer I got. I'm pretty cool with the HR lady so she proceeded to tell me that it wasn't because of how unprofessional they looked on me or anything. Its just that there are some people of larger girth (a.k.a. fat) who wear the same thing and it doesn't look very appropriate. Since they were told they couldn't wear them then I can't wear them. Now I was pretty pissed off by this because I shouldn't be punished just because of someone else's inability to decipher what's appropriate for them to wear to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment